After we saw this we had a discussion about how every grumpy, stoic action man character you’ve ever seen in a movie is probably just an actor upset that he didn’t get to make gun sounds.
trying to leave tumblr
Last night I went to Starbucks and when the guy finished my drink, he bent down and wispered, “Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle.” I just smiled and took my drink, and while I was leaving I heard the other worker saying: “WOULD YOU STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR INSPERATIONAL SHIT!” and the guy responded with, “Gurl, there is no way in hell I am letting you dull my sparkle.”
Oh my god.
This one wins
i think what i dislike so much about school there’s this shove-down-your-throat emphasis on exams, and grades, and coursework, to the point where (as a person who enjoys learning) i don’t enjoy what i’m being taught. to the point where it can make me mentally unwell, and there’s really something fucking wrong about that.
THIS IS SO FUCKING ACCURATE. TOO ACCURATE FOR WORDS.
Yes omg yes.
isnt that a panic at the disco album
A Kickstarter project is in effect for “swivelCard,” a paper business card that can be folded into a USB drive, which can hold resume, picture, and presentation files. It can also be updated from an online account, even after it’s given away.
because a lot of people dont seem to get this:
- golems are from jewish folklore. dont treat them like a generic fantasy creature, thats appropriative
- kabbalah is a specifically jewish religious tradition. dont practice it if youre not jewish and dont use kabbalah symbolism as generic occult stuff, thats appropriative
- for the record if it has hebrew on it and it doesnt have anything to do with judaism its probably appropriative
- dont wear a magen david if youre not jewish, its used as a symbol for judaism so wearing it if youre a gentile is appropriative
- while im at it heres a rundown of some terms you should know
- goy: hebrew and yiddish for non-jewish person, it literally translates as “nation.” the plural form is goyim. goy is not a slur.
- gentile: english for non-jewish person
- anti-semitism: you probably know what this means but i just want to point out that the word anti-semitism was NOT coined by jews but by a german anti-semite who wanted a more scientific-sounding alternative to “judenhass,” which literally translates to “jew-hatred” so please shut up about how arabs are also semites. we know.
- if you’re not jewish you should also avoid using the word “jew” since many jewish people are uncomfortable with it (though i personally am fine with it). use “jewish person” instead if youre a gentile
please reblog this if you’re not jewish, i almost never see gentiles acknowledging cultural appropriation of judaism and anti-semitism on tumblr, even among people who otherwise pay close attention to such issues